Out-of-State Rehab Information
Out-of-State vs. In-State Rehab Centers for Addiction Treatment
Choosing to recover from substance abuse is no small matter. While recovery is within your reach, long-term healing requires discipline and dedication. Sometimes it takes a big step, such as traveling out of state to receive treatment in the best setting possible, to jump-start real change.
Considerations for Choosing a Treatment Facility Away from Home
When researching treatment centers outside your home area, consider these questions:
- What is the philosophy or mission of the treatment center? Do you share its values?
- Will the distance from family and friends hinder or help you?
- Does the location of the facility (urban, rural, etc.) feel conducive to your healing needs?
A change of scenery can make a world of difference.
Benefits to Out-of-State Rehab
There are clear benefits to out-of-state care. Consider the following:
- Clients who find help out-of-state are more likely to complete treatment. Out-of-state rehab has a 12% higher completion rate than comparable in-state treatment, and a 20% higher drug detox rate.
- Clients find it easier to leave behind bad habits and toxic influences. Clients who find care out-of-state are able to separate themselves from the people, places, and other factors that perpetuate addiction.
- Going out-of-state can provide for some of the best treatment options in the country. When patients aren’t confined to a single state, they are able to explore and find well established, robust programs that are staffed by experienced professionals.
- Clients enjoy greater privacy and confidentiality. Clients who travel out-of-state are able to get the help they need without worrying about others, ensuring that they can begin the recovery process comfortable in their confidentiality.
- Clients may have greater incentive to stick with treatment. Having put in the time and energy as well as more skin in the game can be a powerful motivator to make the most of the recovery experience.
- Treatment is more effective with fewer distractions. When clients don’t have to worry about the everyday stresses of home or work, they can focus on healing.
Why Florida is an Ideal Place for Addiction Treatment.
When clients find help at a treatment center in the state of Florida, they are taking advantage of one of the strongest recovery communities in the United States. Not only is the tropical weather calm and relaxing — perfect for recovery — but there is a large community of like-minded individuals searching for the same thing.
If you’re not located in Florida, consider out-of-state rehab treatment. Set yourself up for success with the best out-of-state addiction treatment available at Futures of Palm Beach.
Don’t Let the Distance Deter You – We Make the Transition Worry Free.
Futures of Palm Beach is dedicated to the best in addiction treatment. Futures can even help get you there.
Where Are You Coming From?
Futures of Palm Beach is helping people from across the country and Canada. Wherever you’re coming from, we’ll ensure the transition is as seamless and supportive as possible.
When You Arrive.
Find out exactly what to expect when you arrive at Futures – from your arrival in Florida to your first day at our facility, we’ll make sure you know what to expect for each day of your journey to sobriety.
Concerned About a Loved One Traveling for Treatment?
Learn about the safety and security policies of our facility, as well as our suggestions on supporting a loved one who is staying at Futures for treatment.