The mission at Futures is to create an integrated, multidisciplinary approach that is extensive and life-changing, working at both the core emotional level to uncover the central issues driving the addiction and co-occurring disorders, and at the practical level, creating coping skills that prevent the individual from relapsing back into old patterns.
Who We Treat
Programs are tailored to the unique needs of men and women 18 and older struggling to overcome:
- Substance Abuse and Addictions
- Substance Abuse with Co-occurring Mood, Anxiety and Personality Disorders
- Substance Abuse with Co-occurring Eating Disorders
Our Approach to Treatment
The program has several major components which are specifically identified in the research as being related to recovery for addictions and co-occurring disorder issues, and that help Futures stand out as a highly developed treatment program. These include:
- Extensive and High Quality Individual Therapy An experienced Masters or Ph.D. level therapist addresses the underlying emotional issues that are often associated with an addiction or co-occurring disorders. We offer an intensive clinical program, providing a minimum of 12 – 16 hours of individual therapy per month.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) DBT is an evidence-based approach targeting people with chronic emotional dysregulation problems and impulsivity which results in behavioral difficulties. We provide 1 two hour skills group per week, as well as addressing all of the four main skills modules contained in DBT treatment: Mindfulness, Distress Tolerance, Emotional Regulation, and Interpersonal Effectiveness.
- Emotional Regulation Program In addition to the DBT skills training, the client will be exposed to individual sessions focusing on advanced emotional regulation skills, including biofeedback, hypnotherapy, stress management, meditation, and other mindfulness skills.
- Family Program: The client works with their therapist on family/relationship issues, preparing them for concentrated treatment. The entire family is included during a two-day “Family Intensive”. Weekly family therapy sessions are available at some program levels.
- Wellness Program: Futures’ philosophy includes an overall wellness approach, including a fitness center with a physical trainer available, psycho-educational groups, and spa amenities offering massage, yoga, acupuncture, and other adjunct treatments.
- Meal Planning and Support: A Registered Dietician evaluates and creates an individualized meal plan for every client based on their dietary and health needs. The client is able to choose from a menu of excellent meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. Those clients with disordered eating will benefit from ongoing weekly dietician sessions, as well as benefit from “mealtime support” with a staff member. The goal is to model appropriate eating behaviors and to provide structure and encouragement to adhere to an individualized meal plan, restoring the client back to healthy eating patterns.
- A Detailed Relapse Prevention Program: Each client completes an individualized relapse prevention plan, providing the behavioral, cognitive, emotional and motivational coping techniques to support long-term recovery.
- Life Satisfaction Program: Utilizing the Life Satisfaction Questionnaire and Workbook, the client evaluates their present level of satisfaction in 12 key areas, and then creates a Life Plan to increase their level of satisfaction over the next year and beyond. Through the use of personal assessment, values clarification, and experiential activities, the client is guided to create a meaningful and fulfilling lifestyle centered on a wellness approach that creates a balanced state of social, mental, emotional, and physical health.
Specific Modalities and Staff supporting a wellness approach to treatment include:
- Individual therapy and relapse prevention sessions with a Masters or PhD level therapist 3 times/week.
- Psychiatric Care: Complete Psychiatric Evaluation and ongoing individual sessions as needed.
- Hypnotherapy, augmenting the psychotherapy and emotional regulation, with a licensed hypnotherapist.
- Cognitive Rehabilitation, improving memory, attention, and problem-solving.
- Personal Training and exercise program, with a certified personal trainer.
- Individualized Relapse Prevention Counseling with either an co-occurring disorder counselor or a chemical dependency counselor, focusing on the development of the relapse prevention plan and other individualized case management issues.
- Nutrition and Diet evaluations and interventions with a registered dietician.
- Educational and Process Groups, providing important psycho-educational information on the addiction process, and providing a therapeutic milieu to address emotional and interpersonal issues.
- Family Program in which the client’s family or support system are brought into the program during treatment, and involved in psycho-educational and family therapy with a licensed psychologist.
- Psychiatric/Medical interventions to address medication or medical issues with a Board Certified addictions physician.
- Experiential Therapies such as Paddleboarding.
- Other ancillary supportive therapy such as acupuncture and massage with a licensed acupuncturist and massage therapist*.
*Not all modalities are included at all program levels but are available as à la carte services. Please see program levels for details.
For the addictions track, Futures also offers a detox program, staffed with nursing services 24 hours per day, and individualized physician care every day. This program is set up to provide a medically supervised detoxification process for clients with mild to moderate withdrawal symptoms. If the client is experiencing more severe withdrawal symptoms, or has significant medical complications, the client will be treated in a more intensive inpatient setting in the community that offers a medically managed level of detoxification, before being transferred back to the Futures residential setting.
Our program has several major components which are specifically identified in research as being related to recovery for addictions and co-occurring disorder issues, and that help Futures stand out as a highly developed treatment program. These include:
All services provided are appropriate for the treatment of the client’s identified problems as outlined in the multidisciplinary treatment plan. The program will assist in the improvement of the client’s level of functioning to aid in the prevention of future relapse. Programming is individualized within the context of the many individual sessions provided. As the client improves, aftercare planning is developed to assist the individual after discharge. Aftercare planning, as with the program, is based on the needs of the individual, with input from the client in the development of their personalized treatment plan.
The treatment planning process involves the establishment of an initial client centered plan. This plan is developed by the entire multidisciplinary team and the client. This master plan is developed with the specific needs of care of the individual in mind.
Within seven days of admission a master treatment plan will be developed to allow for inclusion of all initial assessments and evaluations to be reflected in the overall plan. The ongoing plan will be reassessed every seven days or sooner if needed. The plan will be reviewed and revised if appropriate any time there is a significant change in the client’s behavior or status.
Program Goals and Expected Outcomes
The objectives of the Residential Treatment Program are as follows:
Clients served will be able to verbalize a basic understanding of the addiction and/or co-occurring disorder process, as well as understand the specific factors that contributed to the initiation and maintenance of their addiction or accompanied disorder.
Each participant will develop a specific relapse prevention plan, containing concrete behavioral, cognitive, emotional and motivational coping strategies to support long-term abstinence.
Each participant will develop an understanding and awareness of available recovery community resources.
While the client is in treatment, program objectives and expected outcomes will be measured through questionnaires given to the clients and therapists at the end of each week, through progress measured on the client’s individual plan, and through urine drug screen results.
Some services listed may not be included in our core program. An admissions counselor will be able to provide you a complete list of core services. Information provided for educational purposes. Premium services or programs may be arranged through your therapist or case manager.